Fall 2018 Applications are Open
Kitchen 66 is accepting applications for the Fall 2018 program. The program will take place from September 10 to December 10.
For a list of program sessions and dates, please download the program packet here.
1. August 8: Application deadline
3. August 17: K66 notifies selected participants
4. September 10: The program begins
5. December 10: Program graduation and "Meet the Makers" night
About The Launch Program
Do you have an idea or delicious recipe but don't know where to start?
Go from recipe to real business with the support of the Launch Program. The Launch program is a 4-month course in an interactive classroom setting that meets every Monday from 3-5:30pm. Over the course of 17 sessions, K66, and our community of industry experts, will provide you with a step-by-step guide to launch your business. In addition, the Kitchen 66 and the Launch Program will assist you in attaining proper licensing, provide available kitchen space, and access to sales opportunities at the Mother Road Market.
The 4-month program provides:
- Weekly start-up courses on key topics in food business, including how to set up a legal food startup, develop sales and marketing strategies, a profitable business model, and how to effectively pitch your food startup
- Access to utilize Kitchen 66's brand new commercial kitchen facility at the new Mother Road Market.
- Sales opportunities through K66 sales resources, including food and beverage demonstrations, catering, and mobile pop-ups at farmers markets.
- Support from Kitchen 66's community of food entrepreneurs.
- Promotion from Kitchen 66 on platforms including social media, news features, and on K66's website.
Tuition: $500 for the program. Scholarships are available on a need basis, to inquire please contact Robbie Wing at firstname.lastname@example.org.Businesses are responsible for licensing fees that apply to their business. For licensing cost estimates, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the Launch Program and Kitchen Membership?
The Launch Program is a 4 month hands-on intensive business startup program. Participants work alongside a small group of startups to develop their ideas into real businesses. K66 provides weekly workshops, mentorship, and the opportunity to enroll as a Kitchen Member and utilize sales and distribution resources. The Launch Program takes place twice a year.
Kitchen Membership provides licensed food businesses with access to a ~3,000 sqft commercial kitchen facility to produce, store, and operate their food business. Membership is available on an ongoing basis throughout the year.
What is the application process for the Launch Program?
K66 takes applications for the Launch Program twice a year for the Fall and Spring programs. K66 encourages interested companies to first attend an information session and tour K66. After receiving applications, K66 invites a group of applicants to interview and then selects the final participants. On average, 8 startups are selected for the program.
What is Meet the Makers?
At the culmination of the program, graduates are invited to showcase their progress and to pitch their business to an audience of industry leaders, buyers, entrepreneurs, and friends of the Kitchen 66 program.
Who is an ideal candidate for the Launch Program?
We seek motivated and ambitious food makers who are eager to take their recipe to the next level. Come ready to test, formalize, and expand your concept. Possible startup concepts include prepared food products, catering and food services, agricultural products, or programs that support sustainable food.
The Launch Program is appropriate for people who are eager to commercialize their food idea. The program is designed to help you define and execute your business proposition, beginning with mapping your launch plan.
What does success look like at graduation of the Launch Program?
A successful graduate will walk away with an...
- Operating food business
- Tested and validated product concept
- Developed brand identity
- Sustainable pricing structure and business model
- Sales and marketing strategy