Do you have an idea, but don't know how to get started?
Go from recipe to real business with the support of the Launch 1.0 Program.
The 4-month program includes:
- Weekly start-up courses on key topics in food business, including how to set up a legal food startup, develop sales and marketing strategies, a profitable business model, and how to effectively pitch your food startup
- Orientation as a Kitchen 66 Kitchen 66 Member. *Pending requirements, see checklist and approximate pricing here
- Access to Kitchen 66's community of food entrepreneurs
As your company progresses, you'll receive new opportunities:
- Work one-on-one with industry experts
- Participate in K66 events, such as Market Days, Demo Days, and Pop-Up Events
- Gain advertisement and endorsement from Kitchen 66 on social media, news features, and on K66's website
Term: Spring Program is closed. Fall Program applications open April 2017.
Key Dates: TBD
How long is the program?
The program lasts about 3 months. The Spring Program runs February - May. The Fall Program runs September - December.
Who is an ideal candidate?
We seek motivated and ambitious food makers who are eager to take their recipe to the next level. Come ready to test, formalize, and expand your concept. Possible startup concepts include prepared food products, catering and food services, agricultural products, or programs that support sustainable food.
The Launch 1.0 is appropriate for people who are eager to commercialize their food idea. The program is designed to help you define and execute your business proposition, beginning with mapping your launch plan.
What does success look like at graduation?
A successful graduate will walk away with...
- An established, legal food business
- A tested and validated product concept
- A developed brand identity
- A sustainable pricing structure and business model
- A sales and marketing strategy
What is the time commitment?
Launch 1.0 Entrepreneurs are required to attend a day-long Boot Camp, as well as weekly classes every Monday evening from 5pm-7pm *Entrepreneurs are expected to devote additional time outside of class to ensure their startup succeed.
What is included in the program tuition?
The program fee is $350.
The total value of the Launch 1.0 Program is $700, which includes the cost of tuition, program workbook, 4 sessions of included kitchen time, access to sell at 1 Market Day and 2 Pop-Up events. Thanks to the generosity of the Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation, Kitchen 66 offers the program at 50% reduced rate.